News Release from Highland Park, Illinois – Ordinance Mandates Smart Irrigation
Effective this spring a new Water Conservation and Efficiency Initiative goes into effect this spring and includes odd/even sprinkling restrictions and a tiered rate plan for all residents. Also, effective May 1, 2013 all newly installed lawn irrigation systems are to be equipped with soil moisture sensors that meet USEPA WaterSense standard.
Earth’s Precious Water – Did you know?
With all the talk of water conservation let us point out a few additional facts to provide greater insight
- Over 780 million people world-wide do not have access to safe drinking water
- Less than 1% of the Earth’s water is actually safe to drink
- Average American home uses 400 gallons of water per day
- Over 70% of our freshwater is used for irrigation – providing water to crops and greenspace
What are you doing to offer SMART Irrigation and water conservation ideas to educate your customers?
Now more than ever you can become a leader in your industry and be known as the professional irrigation contractor offering water audits, rain check devices, and many new conservation ideas to provide for the future of our industry.
- Are you installing Smart Controllers with every new install and upgrading those older timers to encourage water savings?
- Have you made rain check devices a standard with every installation?
- What have you learned about Soil Moisture Sensors and the many benefits that they offer?
Look to Kenney Outdoor Solutions for tips and tools
We want to partner with you this season and bring water conservation education to the public consumer. From developing marketing flyers on water conservation, to educating your service team to discuss upgrade opportunities with your customers we are available to focus your efforts towards saving you money and saving your customer WATER! Contact us today to learn about our WATER SMART Ideas. CLICK HERE